Monday, January 2, 2012

Pottery Marks of Prince Edward Island - Rainwater Pottery


Linwood and Elizabeth Thompson operated Rainwater Pottery during the 1980's in Little Sands which is located in eastern Prince Edward Island.

Jacquese Conley and her husband were a couple of newly weds on their honeymoon, and recalled their visit to the operation and the pottery they bought there while providing us with these photographs of the work.
"It's been thirty years and they still look as good as the day we bought them .. and we still love them. Thanks for an opportunity to share." 

Correspondence in 2009 with Rob Wilby, a potter who lived nearby indicated,
"They closed around 1985; the Thompsons who ran the business have both passed away over ten years ago. We knew them well."
It appears that the Thompson's work was primarily in red earthenware clay and that they used the company name "Rainwater - PEI" written in a script style as their pottery mark.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Linwood and Elizabeth Thompson are my grandparents. I have a few items from Rainwater, I would love the opportunity to see more of their work.

Trish said...

Hi, my name is Patricia. Back in the 80's my sister brought me a Rainwater windcharm.She is the face of an Island woman with a bonnet on. I have always cherished this wonderful gift.I would love to share a picture of it with you.I brought the chime with me back in 2000s to see if I could find the potter who made her
I had hopes of replacing the clay disks that had broken over time. No one seemed to know them. Most likely due to time and the and possibaly the area I was in. I would love to Shar a photo of her with you
Trish

Trish said...

Rainwater pottery

Jaiden Carragher Pottery, PEI

Jaiden Carragher has the following accounts for her pottery work: Instagram account - The Spacey Artist Facebook account - The Spacey Artist...