Monday, December 13, 2021

Sydney White Ceramics & Schoolhouse Stoneware

 The website for Sydney White Ceramics & Schoolhouse Stoneware indicates:

Hi, I’m Sydney! I’m a Ceramic Artist living on the East Coast of Canada. I’ve been collecting pottery for as long as I can remember and was gifted a short series of classes a couple of years ago. After my first few attempts at the wheel I was incredibly humbled by this practice but up for the challenge. It didn't take too long before I fell in love with this medium. I’ve always admired the idea of functional art and now it’s a complete pleasure to be putting it out into the world. My goal is to create pieces that bring joy and add uniqueness to any home. I’m inspired by the natural world around me, near and far, and I try to convey a deep sense of nostalgia in my pieces. During the day I’m lucky enough to explore another passion, natural soap making at a local artisan shop downtown, and by night you can usually find me crouched over the wheel in my home studio with a spooky podcast playing or vinyl spinning! 

With my partner, we bought an old decommissioned schoolhouse and moved ourselves and our pups out of the city and into the country! After about a year of me creating functional tableware Joe was inspired to get his hands dirty too and he created our first ever bong! It blew my mind! I hadn’t even considered that form to explore.  It didn't take long before I started making bongs too and we launched our little passion project Schoolhouse Stoneware. We want to create pieces to be admired, ones that can sit out openly on your coffee table providing both function and beauty.  You can feel assured that every bong we sell goes back into preserving our historic home that we love so much.

The Instagram feed is an excellent source of images of her work.

Sydney White Ceramics

Sydney White Ceramics 


No comments:

Jaiden Carragher Pottery, PEI

Jaiden Carragher has the following accounts for her pottery work: Instagram account - The Spacey Artist Facebook account - The Spacey Artist...